Regional Account Executive
Reports To: Director Of Sale
Responsible for driving sales, increasing revenue and meeting sales plans within targeted FFC accounts/retail outlets. Develop and maintain strong retailer relationships. Hire, train, coach and develop direct reports.
* Passionate about consumer, product and organization.
* Independent thinker.
* Entrepreneurial disposition.
* Understands reflection of brand image and can translate to the field.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced business environment where flexibility is a key component.
* Confident presentation skills and can wear a trainer’s hat.
Business Strategy and Analysis-
* Seasonal promotional planning by account with senior management.
* Identify volume opportunities within the territory – strategizing a plan to achieve annual sales goals.
* Implement retail sales goals by account and identify areas of strength and weakness.
* Formulate an action plan to correct problems with specific volume goals and timetables with CM/BA team at point of sale.
* Administration and tracking of all budgets within the area – allocating as business dictates.
* Monitoring and controlling expenses related to territory (i.e. T&E, freelance) in accordance with budget.
* Developing relationships and partnerships at counter and at store management levels.
* Monitoring and improving space and location in the stores and submit current floor plans for all doors each season after careful review and confirmation of space with senior management.
* Analyze by season, the retail performance of all product classes for each account by total chain, by door and by market.
* On-going evaluation of cosmetic/fragrance department trends and rankings and identify Fashion Fair rank and adjust strategies accordingly to increase it.
* Report sell-thru feedback on all promotional and key items.
* Evaluate all co-op and visual week’s business to ensure a positive return on investment.
Team Leadership and Development-
* Build a professional team in assigned territory ensuing that individuals are developed to maximize their current potential and build toward future opportunity.
* Establish a positive challenging environment to ensure team success.
* Establish a professional, on-going business rapport with the retail community.
* Communicate closely with all Fashion Fair management members on all issues, problems, concerns and opportunities.
* Manage all Company expenses (personal and team expenses) within the parameters set forth in the T&E Policy.
* Ensure the overall appearance of counter projects high standards and reflect current Fashion Fair Culture.
* In-store visuals must be kept current and housekeeping must be tidy at all times and enforced with counter personnel.
* Permanent and promotional displays must be presentable, accessible and serviceable at all times.
* Maintain and improve upon space and location for all points of sale, in conjunction with senior management and adhering to corporate guidelines.
* Allocate spending resources to achieve maximum retail sales.
* Resources encompass all elements of a promotion (i.e. inserts, mailers, and catalogs), freelance personnel, specialists, etc.
* Responsible for monitoring usage of all assigned collateral.
* Schedule and execute in-store events (local and corporate).
* Ensure receipt of all necessary collateral and merchandising materials to support in-store events.
* Thoroughly brief RACs and store personnel on all aspects of in-store events, new products, etc.
* Establish retail sales goals for realistic achievement.
* Ensure the store and counter are properly merchandised for maximum visual exposure.
* Execute all elements of new door openings and/or additions of new business classes in conjunction with account headquarters personnel.
* Identify prospective new doors within a chain. Identify doors for discontinuance.
* Make certain that proper order flow is happening and inventory levels at each door are consistent to achieve retail sales goals.
* Maintain on-going dialogue with senior management, store management and HQ planners on all stock issues.
* Provide feedback to senior management and Marketing teams on seasonal new products.
* Stay focused and devise a plan to ensure sell-thru and prime positioning at counter.
* Maintain territory demonstration arrangements to maximize retail sales.
* Search for spending reductions as percent of sales, communicating all new hire additions and replacements.
* Review and update arrangements with senior management while keeping the ROI in line with company guidelines.
* Clearly communicate in a timely and consistent manner when communicating with the following: Senior Management, Coordinators, BMs and all HQ personnel.
• This position requires the final candidate to successfully pass a background check.
* Ability to house a home office.
* Ability to store promotional products in home office.
* Ability to travel by air if assigned to multiple states and to stay away from home for a minimum of 1 to 4 nights a week when necessary.
* Minimum of five years field sales management experience.
* Has built, budgeted and achieved retail sell-thru sales goals.
* Has successfully identified, recruited, supervised, motivated, developed and promoted RACs, BAs and Freelancers.
* Strong proven training and leadership skills including selling and customer service.
* Has obtained respect of staff and peers by performance.
* Has created a learning environment.
* Has broad exposure to the competitive landscape and market enabling him or her to gain insight that will drive retail sell-thru.
* Has worked in organizations where influence must replace control.
* Has worked closely with all retail management to ensure effective retail sell-thru
* Has executed retail sell-thru programs.
* Has built, managed and stayed on budget.
* Valid driver’s license required.
* Work in a fragrance filled environment.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
A Bachelors degree or at least five years of retail sales with multi-facility management experience; knowledge of territorial management and experience in processing and costing promotional efforts and their ROI is required. Open relations and great rapport, and constant interaction with clients and staff is essential. Must have strong analytical skills and the ability to think and perform creatively and independently. PC skills are required with proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must also be detailed oriented, have well developed communication skills, the ability to meet monthly deadlines and excellent organizational skills to handle multiple tasks concurrently. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are necessary. Cosmetic industry experience preferred. Reliable transportation with insurance is required; access to a personal computer with internet access is necessary.
Extensive travel within the assigned region is expected. Occasional extended hours are required, as well as attendance at various meetings.
To apply, please send your resume and portfolio to: HRJobs@johnsonpublishing.com. Apply now