Director of Operations
Department: Operations, FFC
Directs all aspects of supply chain management including contract manufacturer production, demand planning, inventory management, quality assurance, purchasing/supplier optimization, logistics management and systems/process improvement.
Oversees strategy, planning, implementation and control of all Fashion Fair Cosmetics operations.
- Forms and maintains strategic partnerships with suppliers, distributors and customers.
- Creates communication processes and channels for critical information and operational improvements with key retail customers, contract manufacturers and raw material suppliers.
- Optimization including number, location and size of warehouses, distribution centers, and facilities.
- Co-manages product designs with Product Development team so that new and existing products can be optimally integrated into current and future supply chain management processes.
- Develops information technology infrastructure to support supply chain operations
- Develops optimal purchasing/procurement and production strategy.
- Ensures organization strategy is consistent with supply strategy.
- Interfaces with all core departments including finance, product development
- Manages staff of 3 -5 direct reports that have core competencies in various areas of supply chain management.
- Oversees development of sourcing contacts and other purchasing decisions
- Oversees production decisions including contracting, locations, scheduling and planning process definition.
- Oversees inventory decisions including quantity, location and quality of inventory.
- Oversees transportation strategy including frequency, routes and contracting.
- Benchmarks all operations against key competitors and implementation of best practices throughout the company.
- Thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
3 – 5 direct reports
The Director has extensive contact with outside clients, buyers, vendors, the public and department staff.
Knowledge and Skills
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required; Masters in Business Administration, Logistics Management or related field preferred. A minimum of 7+ years of experience in supply chain management; Cosmetic Operations experience preferred. Demonstrated leadership/mastery in all areas of Supply Chain management & optimization including new product introduction, product development, raw materials management, inventory management, working with suppliers, key technology systems and other key supply chain competencies.
Ability to work in dynamic, complex business environment and demonstrated capacity to handle multiple projects. Proven ability to manage staff and recognized as a strong developer/coach of people.
Normal office environment. Occasional out-of-town and international travel is required, as well as attendance at various meetings.
To apply, please send your resume and portfolio to: HRJobs@johnsonpublishing.com. Apply now